Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Day after Christmas!

Tuesday was a day to recover from the Christmas festivities and get back to work! I had lunch with one of the greatest guys on the planet, Tom Masterson! I met Tommy in the 70s, we became fast friends and spent many hours training in Judo - Tommy was my mentor. He started as a young guy and had already won national championships by the time we got together! He was amazing and training with him elevated my abilities rapidly! He was 154 and I was 205 and he threw me around like a dish rag! We partied hard after our practices, had a few beers and lots of Italian food a GiGi's! We traveled to tournaments and celebrated together! Tom later coached the US Olympic Judo Team and one of our buddies, Dewey Mitchell medaled!  Tom had a super family and he still lives near the old family home in Pasadena! Like his dad, Barney (another of the nicest guys on the planet) he started and still has a law practice! I feel energized and connected with my past when we get together and it's always super to spend time with quality folks!

Ride #5! Tuesday afternoon I completed my 5th ride on the Peloton - a 30 minute low impact ride with Hannah! I could tell it was a little longer than I have been going! Feeing more comfortable on the bike!


Check out these picture from Steve Yerrid's 60th birthday party - in 2009 - good time had by all! Yeah, that's the Temptations singing Happy Birthday to Steve!


















Check back....


No comments: