Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Thoughts....

I had a very influential man in my life that was also a wonderful friend and counselor. His name was Harold and he was pastor at the Methodist Church our family attended. At a time when I found many other activities more enticing, Harold always stayed in touch and remained a friend. He would attend my football and baseball games. When my world collapsed with the death of my best friend, Harold talked me through the tough times patiently. He always talked with me as a friend and equal instead of talking down to such a young guy! College came and we saw less of each other, but he remained a part of my life. He later survived a terrible car accident in our neighborhood where he was actually pronounced dead at one point. He fought back, lived and came back to the pulpit after a long and painful rehabilitation. His 1st sermon was titled "The Rustling of Angels Wings". He could barely make the steps up to the pulpit and there was not a dry eye in the sanctuary as relived his experiences of that day. His words describing the angel of death have never left me! He said that the angel of death appeared as a long lost, welcomed friend ........

I remain thankful for the countless blessings that have been poured out in my life! I KNOW that I have been blessed far beyond what I deserve! I say thank you to my wonderful family - the 3 best people in the world for putting up with me all these years. I pray that Linda, Charlie and Courtney have every dream come true!


Jerry out...

No comments: