Friday, April 25, 2008

Getting Close Now!!!!!!


eMail from Momma Brook yesterday.....


Just wanted to send you a quick email with an update on Ava. I went to the doctor this morning as well as had some tests done. I had a NST (non-stress test) and an ultrasound. They checked to make sure that Ava's heartbeat was increasing with movement as well as looked to see if there was still enough amniotic fluid. Both of which the doctor said looked good. The visit was good, well except for the part when she said she thought Ava would be a good 8lbs, maybe 8lbs 10oz!!!! Jeez, I am glad that is a guess. That is one big baby. Anyway, I made some progress... cervix is midline, over 1cm dilated, -1 station and 80% effaced. I had my membranes stripped today as suggested by the midwife to help intensify the contractions I am currently having and hopefully start labor....no fun.
The plan is that we will go to the hospital around 5pm tomorrow for admission given nothing happens tonight. They will give me something to ripen the cervix more and then Saturday morning they will start Pitocin.

Thats the update, just wanted to keep you and Linda up to date. Can't wait for her to get here!!! Looks like she might be a chunky one!
Love,
Brook


WE WILL BE GRANDPARENTS THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME ON AVA GRACE!!!!!!

No comments: