Sunday, May 09, 2010

Rubye

Ruybe - my Mom's name, it represents all things "LOVE" to me...
My mom was the ultimate woman and mom! Let me start out
by saying that I grew up in a "Leave It to Beaver" family with the
perfect parents! Parents that were the epitome of role models
and led lives that we could only try to live up to.... Mom was
always there - I could feel her presence at all times. Mom worked
hard - Mom cleaned, cooked and played ball with me in the
front yard after working all day at Maas Brothers! She had a
devout faith in God and lived that example until the day she
died! She was like a rock - she was calm at the hospital when
Dad died and Bill, Tom and I were shook to the core - she
said he was OK now... and we needed to get him back home....
She would remain our constant model of calm through the
coming days as we took Dad back to Nashville and buried him..
She worshipped Dad - they had been high school sweethearts
and they put each other up on a pedestal - they were best
friends as well as husband and wife! They did most everything
together - What examples again!!!! Mom raised us 3 boys and
worked and loved every day of it! She always had an extra plate
or 2 if we had friends at supper time - if you were there, you ate!
She loved my baseball games - not so much for the football
and karate..... But she always supported me 100%. She loved us
unconditionally - always saw the best in us and encouraged us!!!!
There was never a question on Sunday - up and go to church with
Mom and Dad :-)) She loved her church - and her friends there -
and all the activities - Amazing!!! OH YEAH - She made the very
best cookies IN THE WORLD!!! Rubye Cookies!!

As you can see - she was passionate about LIFE!!! She LOVED LIFE!
She took whatever life gave her, cherished it and loved it....
This is the example she left me and all who were touched by her.
I still get a charge when I run into 1 of her friends and they said,
"This is Rubye's boy"... what an honor!

Well I could write for days, but my tears are causing too many
mistakes and my words do no justice to this marvel of a woman,
Rubye, my Mom...

Happy Mothers Day Mom.......

1 comment:

Clint said...

What a lovely tribute. Thank you for sharing.